Friday, September 23, 2011

Chandler and Lilies

Chandler
8X10, Oil on Linen
by Jason Peck
This portrait is just about finished. I still have to make one more pass over her legs and feet to bring the lights up to full strength, and there are a couple of other areas I may go back over, but otherwise its about done. The Medium I used to finish is a mixture that consist of 1 part Stand Oil, 1 part Dammar Varnish, and 5 parts Turpentine.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Despite your canvas issues, this is coming along beautifully.

Jason Peck said...

Thanks Jeremy, I really appreciate it.

Candylei said...

Just beautiful! The background and her expression...whoever commissioned it is going to be thrilled!

Jason Peck said...

Hey Candylei,

Thank you so much.

painting courses said...

a very beautiful painting! well done! good job and keep up!

painting courses said...

a very beautiful painting! well done! good job and keep up!

Leigh said...

this portait reminds me of something that the Old Masters would do. Nice to see a different approach from what is "the norm" these days. Beautifully done!

Jason Peck said...

Hi Leigh,

Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Jason,

Beautiful! What glorious talent you have. Thanks for sharing it. Pet

Jason Peck said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

This painting appeared in Quest magazine. I was very impressed. Great write up about you! Your work is such an inspiration to all artist!